Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Best Cover?

The best cover is definitely the second one. When I look at it I see Ben crouched, ready to attack. It shows the fear that they had about Ben, how he was dangerous, poised in a position to attack. "Ben going silently up to him in a low crouch, hands held out in front of him," is how I picture Ben(71). That is what I see when I look at this cover. Ben is crouched in the middle and ready to strike. His own parents were afraid of him because he was so dangerous and aggressive. this cover shows that the best. It can also be seen as the face of a monster. Many people, including his parents, thought Ben was a monster. "He's like a troll, or a goblin or something," is how his own mother described him(49). Obviously if his mother views him as a troll, others would view him as a monster. This is why the second cover fits The Fifth Child the best.

4 comments:

  1. I also chose the 2nd cover and I really like the way this person saw Ben in it. I did not see as Ben ready to attack but it very well could be that. The quote also fits nicely to back up the statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even though i don't agree with your post, you made some valid points and had a fitting quote for your argument. nice job dan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you dan. Ben does look like he is in a attack position, much like he is depicted throughout the entirety of the book. Your quote does fit nicely with the statements that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your opinion that the second cover is tyhe best one for the novel. This is because I like how you connected the fact that Ben looks as if he is a monster in the second cover and how his own mother views him as somewhat of a monster.

    ReplyDelete